The object and purpose of this congregation shall be to proclaim and propagate the Christian faith through the Means of Grace, and to cooperate in the work and service of the Evangelical Lutheran Chruch in America.
To participate in God's mission, this congregation as a part of the Church shall:
- Worship God in proclamation of the Word and administration of the sacraments and through lives of prayer, praise, thanksgiviing, witness, and service.
- Proclaim God's saving Gospel of justification by grace for Christ's sake through faith alone, according to the apostolic witness in the Holy Scripture, preserving and transmitting the Gospel faithfully to future generations.
- Carry out Christ's Great Commission by reaching out to all people to bring them to faith in Christ and by doing all ministry with a global awareness consistent with the understanding of God as Creator, Redeemer, and Sanctifier of all.
- Serve in response to God's love to meet human needs, caring for the sick and the aged, advocating dignity and justice for all people, working for peace and reconciliation among the nations, and standing with the poor and powerless, and committing itself to their needs.
- Nurture its members in the Word of God so as to grow in faith and hope and love, to see daily life as the primary setting for the exercise of their Christian calling, and to use the gifts of the Spirit for their life together and for their calling in the world.
- Manifest the unity given to the people of God by living together in the love of Christ and by joining with other Christians in prayer and action to express and preserve the unity which the Spirit gives.
To fulfill these purposes, this congregation shall:
- Provide services of worship at which the Word of God is preached and the sacraments are administered.
- Provide pastoral care and assist all members to participate in this ministry.
- Challenge, equip, and support all members in carrying out their calling in their daily lives and in their congregation.
- Teach the Word of God.
- Witness to the reconciling Word of God in Christ, reaching out to all people.
- Respond to human need, work for justice and peace, care for the sick and the suffering, and participate responsibly in society.
- Motivate its members to provide financial support for the congregation's ministry and the ministry of other parts of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
- Foster and participate in interdependent relationships with other congregations, the synod, and the churchwide organization of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
- Foster and participate in ecumenical relationships consistent with churchwide policy.